I recently took the plunge and purchased a cashmere piece, but now I'm worried the upkeep will be a pain. What's the best way to care for my new cashmere scarf?
Scared of Shrinkage
Cashmere has a reputation for being quite a fussy fabric, but in actuality It's really quite simple to keep your sweaters and scarves looking fab wear after wear. Here are my top tips:
1. Prep by filling your sink with warm water and mild clothing detergent.
2. Add the piece into the soapy water to soak for 20 minutes or so.
3. Rinse with warm water until there are no lingering traces of detergent.
4. IMPORTANT - do not wring your cashmere! Put the piece between two towels to get as much water out as possible.
5. Transfer to another towel or drying rack to air dry. Reshape the piece if needed.
6. That's it - you're good to go!